Child Arrangement Orders
What is a Child Arrangement Order?
If your relationship has ended and you have children, you will need to make some important decisions about where the children will live and the time that will be spent with each parent. This can then be encompassed in the form of a Child Arrangements Order.
A Child Arrangements Order can confirm arrangements that you have agreed between yourselves with you submitting a Consent Order to the court for approval. If you are unable to agree any matters then you can apply to court for assistance in making those decisions. This will be based on your individual circumstances and what is in the best interests of the children. Every family is different and so it is important to consider all aspects of the family situation in deciding what is best for the children involved.
Services also offered in
Family and Divorce Law Enquiry
Fill out the form and a member of our team will get in touch to discuss how we can help.
Do you need help with the following?
- Financial Claims for Property and maintenance
- Pre-marital (pre-nuptial) Settlements
- Mediation in relation to all family disputes
- Pensions on Divorce
- Domestic Violence (injunctions)
- Child Arrangements, who will your child live with and how often will both parents spend time with them
- Relocation Orders, can your ex move away with your children?
- Financial provisions orders specifically for children
- Surrogacy and parental responsibility agreements
Our latest insights
Esra is a solicitor based in the family department.
Jessica is an Associate Solicitor and has specialised in family law throughout her career