What is Contentious Probate?
Contentious Probate is the legal term when there is a dispute over a Will or someone contests an estate or a trust. It is also known as a “Will dispute” as it disputes the validity or the interpretation of what is believed to be the deceased's last Will.
Services also offered in
The range of disputes that fall under this heading are many and include:
- Challenges over the validity of a Will or Codicil
- Interpreting the terms of a Will
- Claims for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputes over the administration or distribution of a deceased’s estate
- Costs incurred by those administering the estate
- Challenging or replacing executors or trustees who fail to take up their duties or deal with their duties adequately
Contested Wills Enquiry
Fill out the form and a member of our team will get in touch to discuss how we can help.
Do you need help with the following:
- Contentious probate
- Dispute Over Burial, Ashes and Funeral Disputes
- Lost, Damaged or Destroyed Wills
- Making a Claim Against an Estate
- Making a Claim Under the Inheritance Act
- Mistake in Will or Improper Administration
- Promise or Gift Before Death
- Reasonable Financial Provision
- Invalid Wills
- Proprietary Estoppel
Our latest insights
Wills and Probate Team
Manzurul is a Member and heads our Wills and Probate team.
Martyn is our Chairman and the firms' Compliance Officer for Legal Practice